Passionate about social media and digital-based platforms? Are you a versatile writer and communicator? Do you enjoy building relationships and connecting with your community?
The Glencoe Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Communications Assistant to join our team!
The Communications Assistant will manage our social media channels, e-newsletter and email updates, web content, and miscellaneous Chamber communications pieces. This role will report to the Chamber President, and will partner with various Chamber Committees to create content for communications and marketing purposes to reach our members and the overall community.
Primary responsibilities include the planning and execution of communications to the Chamber’s three main audiences: current members, potential members, and the broader community. The Communications Assistant will be responsible for managing the Chamber’s social media accounts, drafting and publishing content, and interacting with members and the community via social and electronic channels.
Schedule and Location
This is a primarily remote position that will work up to 6 hours per week. The initial onboarding period will require in-person training.
- Must be experienced writer. Chamber/nonprofit background is a plus.
- Exceptional written communication skills. Must be a versatile writer with experience writing for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Experienced social media navigator. MailChimp experience is a plus.
- Proven experience building relationships internally and externally.
- Organization and time-management skills.
- Self-directed with attention to detail.
- Design skills are a plus.
Position Specific Competencies
- Plan and execute social media content.
- Create a social media content plan that reflects the Chamber’s branding and voice.
- Write and publish planned content on social media.
- Monitor social media analytics to ensure post efficacy and engagement.
- Engage with followers who like, comment, or share Chamber-related content.
- Write and publish Chamber Happenings Updates.
- Work with Chamber President and Chamber members to identify content to include in the biweekly Chamber member e-newsletter.
- Adapt content for a community-wide e-newsletter, which should include the addition of Chamber member promotion.
- Enhance Chamber web content as needed.
- Develop content for web pages as needed.
- Work with Chamber Marketing Committee to provide brief marketing consultations to new businesses and Chamber members.
- Provide support for the Marketing Committee as they offer new businesses and new Chamber members complimentary, tailored marketing consultations.
- Promote Chamber resources and accomplishments
- Leverage and enhance existing Chamber communication channels to keep Chamber benefits at top-of-mind for members.
- Keep community informed on key Chamber accomplishments.
- Assist Chamber Marketing Committee with various initiatives as needed.
- Work with committee to identify communication opportunities to support the committee’s objectives and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fill out this employment application, and submit it along with a cover letter and your resume to Ana Alexander, Chamber Chairperson, at Ana.Alexander@grhsonline.org. Applications will be accepted through March 1st. With questions, please contact Ana Alexander.
Our EEO Policy
The Glencoe Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.