The Chamber’s vision is to serve as a leader in supporting growth and prosperity in the Glencoe area. This year, we’ve identified seven objectives to focus on during 2023 – see below for more information.
To support our members by fostering, enhancing, and promoting a vibrant business environment.
To serve as a leader in supporting growth and prosperity in the Glencoe area, which may include advocating for the advancement of business expansion and community growth.
1. Promote member businesses
2. Foster economic growth and attract tourism
3. Increase member engagement
4. Increase community engagement – connect them with our members
5. Empower members
6. Collaborate with the Cities and County
7. Expand membership
Promote member businesses
- Continue to grow our presence on social media.
- Organize two Local Business Appreciation Days.
- Celebrate Small Business Saturday.
- Utilize our other channels (web, email, print) to promote our members.
Foster economic growth and attract tourism
- Create a “Visit Glencoe” webpage.
- Sponsor a brochure holder at businesses that includes a few Chamber collateral pieces, as well as pieces from Platinum Sponsors.
- Provide Chamber rack cards to our members to be given as resources to new hires.
Increase member engagement
- Survey members to identify needs/opportunities for outreach.
- Celebrate our accomplishments.
- Create a year-in-review to thank our members and volunteers.
- Submit more press releases to local papers (Publish articles 1-2 times a month).
- Restart Business Networking events.
- Work with the Ambassadors to create a goal for visits to our members throughout the year.
- Continue ribbon cuttings.
- Increase engagement with our committees. Ensure we have at least one board member on every committee, so we can get a report back during each month’s Board Meeting.
- Send out an annual calendar to our members that includes dates and opportunities for them to get involved, as well as the benefits of doing so.
- Polish available resources for our members and increase opportunities based on survey.
- Promote resources to membership.
- Offer two educational seminars throughout the year.
- Send a personalized letter to potential members inviting them to join.
- Create a resource packet for new businesses.
- Provide complimentary consultations for new members and new businesses.
- Continue to grow membership in the Cities of Biscay, Brownton, Lester Prairie, New Auburn, Plato, Silver Lake, and Stewart.